Sponsors

The Centre for Battlefield Archaeology

Established in April 2006, The Centre for Battlefield Archaeology is the first facility of its kind and has earned a reputation as an international centre of excellence for the burgeoning study of the archaeology of battlefields and other manifestations of human conflict. The scope of research includes battlefields, memorialisation, military infrastructure, cultural resource management, etc. The Centre also produces the Journal of Conflict Archaeology which features papers on all aspects of conflict.

Scottish Centre for War Studies

The Scottish Centre for War Studies was established in 1995 to promote research in, and understanding of, war in all its aspects. It is based in the University of Glasgow. A wide-ranging group of scholars contribute to the Centre’s seminars and conferences, while a core team of staff from the Department of History teach the MLitt in War Studies. The research interests of this team stretch from medieval to modern times, covering military, political and cultural history.

The Hunterian

Founded in 1807, The Hunterian is Scotland’s oldest public museum and home to one of the nation’s largest collections. Its collections have been Recognised as a Collection of National Significance and it is one of Scotland’s most important cultural assets.‌ The Hunterian continues in its Age of Enlightenment mission to be a central resource for research and teaching in the arts, humanities and natural and medical sciences, attracting scholars and visitors from around the world.

GUARD Archaeology

GUARD Archaeology was formerly part of Glasgow University (since 1989) and started trading as an independent company on the 1st January 2011. They undertake commercial contracts, research and consultancy in archaeology and heritage for individuals, industry and government, working throughout Scotland and across the UK and Europe. They are a CIfA Registered Organisation that provides a full range of archaeological services and products to the highest standards to the benefit of our clients and the historic environment.